Running an e-commerce website is a great way to make money but you need to promote your site and get it in front of your potential buyers first. While you can certainly do all of the heavy lifting yourself when it comes to marketing, you’ll have an easier time if you look into the possibility of creating an affiliate program for your products.
In this post, we’ll talk about why you need an affiliate program for your online store and I’ll share the best plugin that will help you set it all up. In the end, I’m also sharing my video tutorial that walks you through the process step by step.
Why You Need an Affiliate Program for Your Site
An affiliate program for your store makes it easy to get more sales by allowing other people to promote your products. Once you create the affiliate program, you can let your existing customers, fans, and followers know about it, invite them to sign up as affiliates, and have them spread the word about your store in exchange for a commission or a flat fee.
So now you’re probably wondering what is the best and the easiest way to set up an affiliate program for your store. This is where AffiliateWP plugin comes in. Let’s take a look at what the plugin does, its features, and how to set it up.
What Does AffiliateWP Plugin Offer
AffiliateWP plugin was developed by the same team that’s behind Easy Digital Downloads. Thanks to this plugin, you can easily create an affiliate program for your store, whether you sell digital or physical products. Main features of the plugin include:
- Accurate tracking
- Real-time reporting
- Third-party integrations
- Unlimited affiliates and creative assets
- Affiliate area and automatic affiliate creation
- Set cookie expiration
- Customizable emails
- And more.
Key Features of AffiliateWP Plugin
Let’s take a look at some of the key features of AffiliateWP plugin more in-depth.
When it comes to managing your affiliates, AffiliateWP plugin makes it easy to not only create an affiliate dashboard where they can see any special promotions and generate their own links but the plugin also makes it easy to see an overview of your affiliates’ performance.
You can see who your top earners and affiliates are, which products are bringing in the most profit, see how many payouts you owe, and more. The Affiliate WP plugin allows you to even set up your own creative assets so affiliates can use them on their websites or social media.
The AffiliateWP plugin gives you plenty of control over your affiliate program setup. First off, you can control whether you want to pay out a percentage commission or a flat fee. Second, you can set your own cookie expiration policy and who should get the commission when two affiliates promote the same product at the same time.
The plugin also comes with the ability to customize emails that are sent out by the system such as affiliate pending notification, affiliate approval, new referrals, and more. Additionally, the plugin includes an extensive documentation so you can refer to it at any time if you need to during the setup process.
Even though AffiliateWP is a premium plugin, all of the plans include a number of free add-ons that will take your affiliate program to the next level. You’ll find add-ons to generate coupons, a leaderboard for your top affiliates, sign up bonus, the ability to pay your affiliates with store credit, and others.
If you sign up for the Professional or Ultimate plan, you’ll get access to premium add-ons. A total of 14 premium add-ons are included with this plan and they cover features such as:
- Zapier integration
- The ability to create dedicated landing pages
- Custom affiliate slugs
- Direct linking tracking
- Add-ons for Ninja and Gravity Forms
- And more.
It’s worth mentioning that there are also a number of third-party add-ons such as add-on for Social Warfare, GamiPress for affiliate program gamification, payout statements, and more.
Lastly, AffiliateWP plugin integrates with some of the most popular WordPress plugins. They range from eCommerce and membership plugins to form and invoice plugin. Integrations include:
- Easy Digital Downloads
- Restrict Content Pro
- Zippy Courses
- And many others.
This means that you’re not limited to only physical and digital products for your affiliate program. In fact, you can easily create an affiliate program for your services, courses or membership programs.
AffiliateWP plugin offers 4 different plans. All the plans come with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- The Personal plan is available for $99/year and includes updates and support, can be installed on one site, and comes with 15 free add-ons.
- The Plus plan is available for $149/year and includes everything from the Personal plan as well as the ability to use the plugin on three sites.
- The Professional plan is available for $249/year, can be installed on an unlimited number of websites, comes with everything offered on the Pro plan as well as 14 pro add-ons and all the future add-ons that the development team releases.
- Lastly, the Ultimate plan is a one-time payment of $499 and comes with lifetime updates and support, the ability to use the plugin on an unlimited number of websites, and everything included in the Agency plan.
Websites to List Your Affiliate Program
The whole point behind an affiliate program is to have other people promote your products. If you don’t have a lot of followers or existing subscribers and customers, you might be wondering where to find potential affiliates. Luckily, there are several websites out there that allow you to list your affiliate program so other people can sign up.
- ShareASale – the first site on the list Shareasale makes it easy to sign up as a merchant and have people sign up an affiliate for your program. It’s one of the largest and most popular marketing networks out there used by companies like WPEngin and Namecheap.
- CJ Affiliate – another popular name in the affiliate marketing circles is Commission Junction. This website is also easy to get started with and is used by some of the world’s largest brands like J.Crew, Lowe’s, and Barnes & Noble.
- ClickBank – ClickBank lists thousands of products in various categories such as food, fiction, employment, parenting, self-help, and many more. You can easily see all the details for the program you’re signing up and the commissions offered.
- Rakuten Marketing – lastly, Rakuten Marketing is another great option for listing your products and finding affiliates.
The best part about any of these websites is that signing up is free. You can sign up for all of them and list your program so you can get the maximum number of affiliates to promote your product.
Video Tutorial: How To Create an Affiliate Program With WordPress and AffiliateWP
Now that we’ve covered everything AffiliateWP has to offer, here’s a video tutorial that shows you how to set it up. I’ve covered everything from installing the plugin and configuring the plugin’s settings as well as recommended websites that allow you to find even more affiliates.
Setting up an affiliate program for your store is easy with AffiliateWP. Check out the AffiliateWP plugin to see if it’s the right choice for you and use this tutorial as a guide to set it up.
Like This Article?
I have tons of great free content and giveaways! Join 10,000+ others and get access to coupons, freebies, and other great wordpress tips and tricksfor your wordpress website!