I spent a few months to really try and research the best and easiest wordpress theme to create a real estate website with wordpress. After weeks of trail and error, i came across the gensis framework in combination with the elementor page builder. I was amazed at the ease of use and also how well the page builder worked with the agentpress pro theme
Lets take a look at how you can build this website
- Home Featured: A full-width widget area, set with a text widget configured to display a Welcome message and an AgentPress – Listing Search Widget. The Home Page background image will display behind this widget area.
- Home Top: A full-width widget area, set with a AgentPress – Featured Listings widget configured to display 6 recent listings. These listings will display in three columns and two rows.
- Home Middle 1: A full-width widget area, set with a text widget. This area can be used to place a call to action on your home page.
- Home Middle 2: A one-third width widget area, set with a Genesis – eNews Extended widget.
- Home Middle 3: A full-width widget area, set with a Genesis – Featured Posts widget configured to dispaly 4 Posts with titles and Content limit of 213 Characters.
- Home Bottom: A full-width widget area, set with four featured page widgets configured to display the page title and afeatured image.
- Footer 1: This Widget area displays in the left third of the footer area on all pages, including the Home Page. Any widget can be used in these areas.
- Footer 2: This Widget area displays in the right two-thirds of the footer area on all pages, including the Home Page. Any widget can be used in these areas.
- Disclaimer: This Widget area displays beneath the footer credits area on all pages. This area can be used to display a legal disclaimer on your site.
Note: If no widget areas are active in any of the home page specific widget areas, a blog-style home page will be displayed. If you wish to use a static page for your home page, do not add widgets to the home page widget areas, since doing this will override the home page setting on Settings > Reading.
The website is built by simple drag and drog widgets. Also i want to talk about the middle section and than i will talk about the search box
- Home – Middle 1
- Home – Middle 2
- Home – Middle 3
- Go to Appearance > Widgets, click on the Text widget title bar, select the Home – Middle 1 widget area, and click Add Widget.
- To configure the widget, click the title bar to open it, and add your content as follows:
- 1. The Title in the text widget in the theme demo is Real Estate Agents
- 2. The rest of the content will be added to the blank content box below the title.
The AgentPress Pro Theme Demo uses the following text in the Home – Middle 1 Widget Area Text Widget:
<h1 class="tagline">Don't Worry, Find a Pro <a href="#" class="button alignright">How We Work <span class="dashicons dashicons-admin-network"></span></a></h1>
Home – Middle 2
The Genesis eNews Extended widget is used to display a form for your readers to subscribe to your mailing list for email updates..
Go to Appearance > Widgets, click on the Genesis – eNews Extended widget title bar, select the desired widget area from the list, and click Add Widget.
- Title: Optional, can be left blank. The theme demo uses Get Our Listings.
- Text To Show Before Form: Include the text you wish to display The theme demo uses Stay up to date with the latest:
- Text To Show After Form: Include the text you wish to display.
- Title: Use a title of your choice to describe the types of posts being featured.
- Category: Select the category you wish to have displayed from the drop down.
- Number of Posts to Show: The theme demo is designed to show 4 featured posts.
- Show Featured Image: Check the box to display Featured Images.
- Image Size: Select the thumbnail (200×200) image size.
- Image Alignment: Select the None option.
- Show Post Title: Check the box to display the post title.
- Content Type: Select Show Content Limit.
- Limit content: Set to 213 characters.
- More Text (if applicable): Use the word More.
Once you have completed the widget configuration, be sure to click Save at the bottom of the widget to preserve your settings.
Dont forget about the elementor page builder
This is the best FREE page builder that works with the genesis framework. You can download it for free on wordpress. Here is an example of some of the templates for the elementor page builder
I hope these templates are helpful. You can also take the elementor page builder tutorial here for FREE!
I took these instructions from studiopress. I dont take credit for it, but its a great resources to learn how to use the theme