The Divi Theme and the Elementor Page Builder are the top two hottest wordpress page builders to hit wordpress. I have personally used both page builder, so i wanted to give a proper analysis of each page buiilder to discuss the pros and the cons. The divi theme has more than 1 million active installs and is the most popular wordpress theme in the world.
Want To Vote? Vote For Your Favorite Page Builder here!
The elementor page builder is a fairly newer page builder being about 3 years old. The page builder offers a front end visual experience very similiar to the divi theme, so in this comparison, i will break down the pros and cons of each wordpress page builder.
- The Divi Theme is GPL ( Elementor Is NOT)
- Divi Theme Has A Large 3rd Party Market
- Divi Theme Offers Better Support Than Elementor
- Divi Theme Has A Better Visual Experience than Elementor
- Divi Theme Has More Layouts that are better suited for beginners
- Divi Theme Offers many tutorials, blogs, and remains one of the bes
- Divi Theme Has MUCH Better Pricing Than Elementor
- Elementor PRO Has More Features Than Divi Theme
- Elementor PRO Offers More Modules Than Divi Theme
- Elementor PRO Has A WooCommerce Builder And A Nice Blog Interface
- Elementor PRO FASTER Than Divi Theme
- Elementor PRO Is Easy For Beginners
- Elementor Offers A Theme Builder While Divi Theme Doesnt
- You can design the archive pages with elementor pro, divi you cannot
Some Things To Consider
- The Visual builder can be glitchy for the divi theme. At times it slows down.
- 3rd Party plugins dont integrate too well with the divi theme. Elementors 3rd party integration is better.
- Some websites break using the divi theme
- Divi Theme Doesnt have as many features as elementor such as a woocommerce builder or a theme builder
- Divi has less modules than elementor PRO.
- The divi theme visual builder is slower than the elementor builder
- The Elementor pro version is NOT GPL
- Elementor Does not offer a backend builder unlike divi
- Elementor has bad support. You wont get much help from their team
- Elementor PRO has only a few templates, many are just one page
- Elementor PRO is very expensive, there is NO LIFETIME plan for this wordpress page builder
- White screen of death is common with this wordpress page builder
- * One thing i forgot to mention is that the inline editing is much better with the divi theme, i feel the inline from elementor needs work
Both are great page builders for wordpress. I have personally used both and these are probably the top two page builders I recommend for more wordpress projects. Imagine if we were still slaves to the visual composer builder for our pjoects? I would cry! So congrats to both compaines for their years of development for these page builders! Also, there is a newer page builder called brizy coming out, if you want to know more about this new page builder you can check it out here!
Like This Article?
I have tons of great free content and giveaways! Join 10,000+ others and get access to coupons, freebies, and other great wordpress tips and tricksfor your wordpress website!