The Divi Theme and the Elementor Page Builder are the top two hottest wordpress page builders to hit wordpress. I have personally used both page builder, so i wanted to give a proper analysis of each page buiilder to discuss the pros and the cons. The divi theme has more than 1 million active installs and is the most popular wordpress theme in the world.
Want To Vote? Vote For Your Favorite Page Builder here!
The elementor page builder is a fairly newer page builder being about 3 years old. The page builder offers a front end visual experience very similiar to the divi theme, so in this comparison, i will break down the pros and cons of each wordpress page builder.
- The Divi Theme is GPL ( Elementor Is NOT)
- Divi Theme Has A Large 3rd Party Market
- Divi Theme Offers Better Support Than Elementor
- Divi Theme Has A Better Visual Experience than Elementor
- Divi Theme Has More Layouts that are better suited for beginners
- Divi Theme Offers many tutorials, blogs, and remains one of the bes
- Divi Theme Has MUCH Better Pricing Than Elementor
- Elementor PRO Has More Features Than Divi Theme
- Elementor PRO Offers More Modules Than Divi Theme
- Elementor PRO Has A WooCommerce Builder And A Nice Blog Interface
- Elementor PRO FASTER Than Divi Theme
- Elementor PRO Is Easy For Beginners
- Elementor Offers A Theme Builder While Divi Theme Doesnt
- You can design the archive pages with elementor pro, divi you cannot
Some Things To Consider
Personally, I like The Divi Theme. I have used it in the past on many projects and it never failed me. The Divi theme is a great pick if you are trying to create a business website for somebody or a company because of the flexibility you have. If you are trying to start a blog or ecommerce website, i would go with elementor. The main reason why is because you have more customization options than the divi theme.
I ALSO HAVE A VIDEO OF THIS REVIEW AS WELL RIGHT HERE
What if you are a business or web agency? I would scrap elementor PRO and go with the divi theme. I have to admit that if elementor PRO remains NON-GPL than its useless to web agencies and development companies. Some people will take that personal, but when you work with development companies every day, you know . In fact, most development companies dont like to use page builders from wordpress in general.
Plus i feel that elementor is more geared for complete beginners and not bigger agencies. No matter what anyone says, ive worked with developers and we all know that we wouldn't want to use a NON-GPL product on a large project because we are so limited. In that sense, the divi theme remains a better choice for bigger projects that need more customization. But still i like to use the divi theme for most business websites. It offers so many templates.
- The Visual builder can be glitchy for the divi theme. At times it slows down.
- 3rd Party plugins dont integrate too well with the divi theme. Elementors 3rd party integration is better.
- Some websites break using the divi theme
- Divi Theme Doesnt have as many features as elementor such as a woocommerce builder or a theme builder
- Divi has less modules than elementor PRO.
- The divi theme visual builder is slower than the elementor builder
- The Elementor pro version is NOT GPL
- Elementor Does not offer a backend builder unlike divi
- Elementor has bad support. You wont get much help from their team
- Elementor PRO has only a few templates, many are just one page
- Elementor PRO is very expensive, there is NO LIFETIME plan for this wordpress page builder
- White screen of death is common with this wordpress page builder
- * One thing i forgot to mention is that the inline editing is much better with the divi theme, i feel the inline from elementor needs work
Both are great page builders for wordpress. I have personally used both and these are probably the top two page builders I recommend for more wordpress projects. Imagine if we were still slaves to the visual composer builder for our pjoects? I would cry! So congrats to both compaines for their years of development for these page builders! Also, there is a newer page builder called brizy coming out, if you want to know more about this new page builder you can check it out here!
Like This Article?
I have tons of great free content and giveaways! Join 10,000+ others and get access to coupons, freebies, and other great wordpress tips and tricksfor your wordpress website!