As one of my previous posts mentions, I recently had a hosting competition where I’ve put 16 different hosting companies to the test. I’ve tested their hosting plans for 30 days so I can get accurate and objective results.
One of the hosting companies that came out on top is GreenGeeks and in today’s post, I’ll go through their hosting plans and talk about their pricing and support options. I’ve also added a video review at the end so you can see how they performed against their competitors.
What Does GreenGeeks Offer
GreenGeeks ended up as of the top three hosting companies in my hosting competition. The company was founded and is located in California with five data centers spread out through North America and Europe. Their servers are also offset 300% by wind energy making them not only green, but carbon reducing.
They offer shared, VPS, Dedicated, and Reseller hosting services. Each of the hosting services and plans offers 30-day money back guarantee as well as 99.9% uptime. Let’s take a look at what their plans have to offer.
GreenGeeks offers 3 shared hosting plans. Each of those plans includes a free SSL certificate as well as a free domain name and a free website transfer. You’ll get access to unlimited bandwidth, disk space, and even the cheapest shared hosting plan allows you to host an unlimited number of websites.
You can install all the usual scripts such as WordPress, Joomla, and others. It’s worth mentioning that you can also take advantage of a free site builder if you’re looking for an easy way to get a simple site up and running.
Pricing and Plans
Shared hosting plans are available in three different pricing tiers. The plans include all of the same features with the major differences being the number of emails you can send per hour and the performance features. Here’s how they break down.
- Ecosite Starter – the cheapest plan allows you to send 100 emails per hour from your server and includes standard performance. You can get the Premium WildCard SSL certificate and PCI compliance with add-ons that will cost extra.
- Ecosite Pro – the next available plan allows you to send 300 emails per hour and requires separate addons for Premium WildCard SSL and PCI compliance. This plan comes with 2x faster computing resources so you’ll notice an improvement in load times.
- Ecosite Premium – the last plan allows you to send 500 emails per hour and includes Premium WildCard SSL as well as PCI compliance. With this plan, you’re bound to notice a significant improvement in website load times as the plan comes with 4x faster computing resources.
If you’re looking to upgrade your shared hosting plan because your site is growing fast and needs more resources, VPS hosting is what you need. GreenGeeks offers 5 different VPS plans which include full root access, quick provisioning, free migration service, and proprietary VPS management portal that makes managing your virtual private server a breeze.
VPS hosting plans also include 99.9% uptime guarantee and fast SSD storage. Each server includes 4 cores and you can easily adjust the resources based on the needs of your website.
Pricing and Plans
VPS plans offered by GreenGeeks differ in the amount of available memory, bandwidth and disk space. Here’s the breakdown;
- 1GB RAM – the first plan comes with 25 GB SSD RAID-10 storage and 1,000 GB premium bandwidth.
- 2GB RAM – next up, the plan that comes with 2GB of RAM, and ups your bandwidth to 1500 GB of premium bandwidth. In terms of storage, this plan offers double the amount of the previous plan, 50GB of SSD storage that’s protected by RAID-10.
- 3GB RAM – this plan includes 75GB of SSD RAID-10 storage along with 2000GB of premium bandwidth, and like the name suggests, 3GB of RAM.
- 4GB RAM – this plan includes 100GB of SSD RAID-10 storage along with 2500GB of premium bandwidth, and 4GB of RAM.
- 8GB RAM – the last plan comes with 125GB of SSD RAID-10 storage along with 3000GB of premium bandwidth, and 8GB of RAM.
The next in line are dedicated servers plans which are suitable for large websites that need serious power. Dedicated servers by GreenGeeks come in four different plans and they include server-grade Intel processors, memory, hard drives and equipment.
To sign up for a dedicated server, you’ll need to contact their sales department so they can suggest the right hosting plan for you in this category.
Pricing and Plans
As mentioned earlier, dedicated servers come in 4 different plans. All of the plans include 10000 GB of bandwidth and 5 IP addresses.
- Entry Server – the cheapest option is the entry server plan which offers Intel Atom 330 Dual Core processor, 2 GB of RAM, and 1 500GB SATA drive.
- Standard Server – the next tier (as well as the remaining two tiers) offers Xeon processor, 2 500GB SATA drives, and 4GB of RAM.
- Elite Server – the Elite server gives you 8GB of RAM and a slightly more powerful Xeon processor.
- Pro Server – lastly, the Pro server comes with 16GB of RAM and another variation of the Xeon processor.
If you’re thinking about getting into the reseller business, GreenGeeks has got you covered. Each of their reseller plans includes wholesale pricing which means that as the number of your hosting accounts goes up, the price for the server goes down. You’ll get free migrations and fast performance as well as the ability to sell domain names to your customers.
In addition to that, WHMCS license is included as well as custom security rules, zero-day vulnerability, real-time 24/7 security monitoring, and 24/7 customer support along with knowledge base and tutorials to help you manage your reseller account with ease.
Reseller plans also come with the ability to white-label the control panel your customers see. Lastly, you can use private nameservers for DNS that your customers will be using.
Pricing and Plans
Reseller hosting services offers five different plans, each of which comes with unlimited disk space and bandwidth. They differ in the number of cPanel accounts that you can create which are limited to 10, 20, 30, 40, and 50 respectively.
GreenGeeks offers 24/7 support that’s available via phone, LiveChat, and email tickets. Their website offers a support center with a detailed knowledge base and answers to some of the most commonly asked questions about hosting in general.
They also have a separate Website Tutorials section where you can find written tutorials grouped by different topics.
GreenGeeks Video Review
Below, you’ll find a video review of GreenGeeks so you can see how they stack up against the competition.
GreenGeeks performed surprisingly well in my hosting competition and ended up among top three hosting companies. Their biggest selling point (aside from offering a variety of affordable plans) is their focus on conserving energy and offering eco-friendly hosting for websites of all sizes.
If you are on the market for a new host and want a hosting company that not only cares about the environment but also offers secure, reliable, and affordable hosting, give GreenGeeks a try.
Like This Article?
I have tons of great free content and giveaways! Join 10,000+ others and get access to coupons, freebies, and other great wordpress tips and tricksfor your wordpress website!